In traditional systems, the distance between the fire of the food is very important to regulate the temperatures at which food should be grilled. In the gas or electric systems, the intensity of heat is controlled by thermostat or intensity button. Depending on the type of food – meat, fish or vegetables – and its thickness, the amount of heat will be different in order to provide a perfect cooking.
How grilling the meat
- Beef – Rare, medium rare, medium well or well
- Pork – Well
- Lamb – Medium rare, medium well or well
- Chicken – Well
- Avoid overdone grilling to prevent the formation of some carcinogens.
- Fully cook white meats.
- The pieces to be grilled should be top quality and small.
- During grilling, two fast changes usually occur: Coagulation and caramelization (browning) of the surface. Both changes prevent juices out of the interior parts, keeping them more juicy.This operation must be controlled so that the production of PHAs not the case, which occurs when the heat intensity is very…
View original post 651 more words