Feeding animals or fertilizing fields
Imagine a restaurant.
- The digestor that deals with the biodegradable waste from the restaurant turns the waste into heat and electricity.
- The water treatment system turns the waste water into fresh water using plants and microorganisms.
- A fish farm is fed with vegetable waste from the kitchen and worms from the compost. The fish farm supplies fish back to the restaurant
- The coffee shop uses the waste grains to grow mushrooms.
- This is a great cycle of food, energy and waste. It is very different from what we usually see – extract, use and dispose.
We totally believe in this sustainable cycle where nothing gets wasted; it only transfers from one form in another.